Before going to describe the SEO Basics for the Beginners we should know the SEO Importance first.
Let us discuss first SEO importance:
Importance of SEO
In today’s situation, it’s a tough competition more than the job market to sustain in any business for a long time. To overcome this competition you need to cop-up with the ongoing marketing strategy and business policy. As per the current situation, we are in a new era which is the Digital era or online era. In this new era according to Hootsuite Data on January 2020 among the 7.75 billion population, almost 5.19 billion mobile users, 4.54 billion internet user and 3.80 billion social media user are active in the world. And the internet users are spending on online an average of 6 hours 40 minutes per day.
So you can easily understand how important digital marketing or online marketing is for sustaining your business and SEO is the most important part of digital marketing. SEO will help you to let your content reach in front of this huge online traffic through search engine which will boost your ROI hugely. SEO So every digital marketer should be well known about SEO to do his job successfully.
Now let discuss the basics of SEO which is very important for the beginners. As we all know if you’re starting goes in the wrong way, all your journey will be in vain.
What is Search Engine
The search engine itself is a website having huge data resource to show according to the search or query or keyword by the searcher through its result page. Usually, by its default setting it shows 10 pages per search with 10 organic results in each page. I mentioned “10 organic results” because it also shows some results based on the query on top of the 1st page as add for its business purpose. If you are still struggling to understand let’s have an example, yes we all know about Google. Google is a search engine. Let say you want to buy a pair of shoes then you go to google and type a keyword like “best shoes for summer” and after hitting enter Google will show you 10 pages with the result for “best shoes for summer” like all the shoe supplier or shoe stores serially 10 in numbers in each pages maintaining serial like the closest one at number 1 then at number 2 and similarly up to the last one.
Hope now it’s clear what a search engine is and it does.
Now let’s discuss how SEO works.
How Does SEO Work
As I have discussed already SEO is the most important part of Digital Marketing and it’s work procedure also very different and challenging. There are so many factors are involved with its work procedure.
As already you know SEO is all about ranking your content in the search engine’s so, first of all, we should have a clear idea about how the search engine works.
Here two parties are playing, one is a search engine and the other one is content means your website or blog page.
All the content (web pages or blog pages) are available on the internet once they are created or published through the website. To get enlisted in the search engine publisher need to index their content or web pages in the search engine. On the other hand search engine has bot or crawler by which all the submitted content are indexed in its database.
When we search something in the search engine (Google, Yahoo, Bing …. ) instantly crawler search the most matching content means web page links within Nanosecond and shows us all the content links it found in the database.
As a default setting it shows 10 results or content links in each page and 10 pages at 1st step maintained serial as the most similar one with the search keyword on the top and the very less similar one on the last.
I hope you got a clear idea of how a search engine works.
Now let’s discuss SEO Steps.
1. Keyword Research – The very first step of SEO is Keyword research. You need to more careful about this because if you make a mistake at very first step then everything will be bool shit. At keyword research, you have to consider search volume, relevance and competition. You must have to remember if you do better at a very first step the next will be easier for you. Lots of tools are available in the market like Keyword everywhere, Uber suggest, Small SEO Tool and more for your better keyword finding.
2. On-Page Optimization – Once you have the targeted keyword, the very next step is on-page optimization. Here you need to implement the selected keywords perfectly. This is also the decorative part of your content. The more you do on-page optimization perfectly you will get the ranking quickly. Now ranking depends almost 70% on-page optimization. The following terms you need to within on-page optimization:
- Title Tags
- Meta Descriptions
- Body Content – Unique content, keyword placing, schema wrapping, content length, content design.
- Image optimization
- Url Structure
- Internal Linking
3. Off-Page SEO – Off-page SEO is the outer part of your website that helps you to do rank your content in the search engine result page. Off-page SEO simply let google know about what others think about your website. At present ranking depends
Almost 30% on off-page SEO. So it’s a very important part of SEO. Off-page SEO includes the below factors:
- Link Building (Referring Domains, Link Authority, Page Rank, Anchor Text, Link Schemes, Relevance)
- Social Media Marketing ( Social post, Infographics, PDF submission)
- Brand Mentions (Guest Post, Podcasts, Blogger Outreach)
4. Technical SEO – Technical optimization of SEO is the most important part because this is something by which you introduce your website to a search engine. If you fail to do the technical SEO properly search engine will not show your site or content in its search result.
Technical SEO includes:
- Site Speed
- Site Architecture
- Structured Data
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is competitive but more effective to drive a huge amount of auto traffic at your site which will boost your ROI a lot. It’s an ongoing process so if you want to be consistent to hold the search traffic at your site you also need to be consistent with SEO considering your effort.
To get success with SEO must follow the below steps:
- Do the keyword research perfectly considering its search volume.
- Optimize your pages following the steps mentioned in the on-page optimization.
- Do the technical SEO perfectly as described.
- Follow the off-page SEO steps accordingly as described before.
- Do SEO audit and make the changes accordingly consistently.
- Always be updated with the current industry position according to your niche.
These steps will help you a lot to rank your pages with a competitive keyword with huge search volume. So believe in yourself and start your journey from today.
If you need to know something else pls let me know in the comments.